70th bake. 11/29/21. Muffins: SOTSOT in a clay pot.
Nov. 29, 2021.
- 11 g old fashioned (thick) rolled oats.
- 11 g quick oats.
- 20 g whole chia seed.
- 5 g poppy seeds.
- 11 g corn meal.
- 200 g bottled filtered water, at room temp.
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) (82 g) honey.
- 28 g Patel brand stone-ground WW durum flour.
- 22 g Sher Brar brand roller-milled WW durum flour, “Fiber Wala.”
- 25 to 30 g (forget the exact amount) durum semolina, Swad brand.
- 112 g Bob’s Red Mill stone-ground WW flour.
- 50 g Arrowhead Mills organic AP flour.
- 56 g Sharbati Gold WW flour, Swad brand.
- 5.3 g salt.
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, Kroger brand.
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger.
- 1/2 tsp whole fennel seed.
- 1/2 cup (45 g) fat-free powdered milk, Kroger brand.
- 25 g dry shredded coconut.
- 25 g almond flour (blanched).
- 2 tsp baking powder (After cutting one open, I think it would have been better to use 3 tsp.)
- 150 g bottled filtered water at room temp. (After cutting one open, I think it could have used 50 to 70 g more water.)
- 30 g peanut oil.
- 20 g grapeseed oil.
Mistakes: I forgot to add and disperse the baking powder in the dry ingredients. I slowly folded it in after mixing the soaker, the final water and the other dry ingredients, but before adding the oil.
Baking: Pre-heated the oven and a baking stone to 375 F. Did not pre-heat the pots. Placed aluminum foil (shiny side up) on the baking stone. Placed pots on the foil. Baked at 350 F for 48 minutes.
This was removed from pot and cut open before it cooled:
This one was allowed to cool first (3 photos):
Allowed to cool first, ran a knife around inside, and pryed the knife tip against the bottom of the muffin. It did not leave too much residue: