73rd bake. 12/08/2021. WW, WG Rye, WG durum.
Dec. 8, 2021. 74th bake.
The goal is to make at least 1300 g of dough, of approx 90% whole grain. 1300 to 1350 of WW dough fits nicely in the lid portion of my Lodge 3.2 qt combo cooker.
I want to try out this whole grain rye flour, just to get a taste of it. And I have this roller milled whole grain durum I need to use up.
This came out to 1340 g (calculated) less whatever sticks to bowl, utensils, and gloves.
- 75 g Sher Brar Fiber Wala whole grain durum.
- 75 g whole rye, Malsena brand from Lithuania.
- 14 g salt, mostly Himalayan pink salt.
- 572 g bottled spring water.
- 456 g Bob’s Red Mill stone-ground whole wheat, from red wheat.
- Let it soak for 90 minutes.
- 35 g bottled water.
- 67 g Gold Medal Bread Flour.
- 46 g of refrigerated starter, 100% hydration. (16 g of “Red” homebrew. 30 g of CHF San Fran.)
- 2 tsp of ground toasted bread spice. 
- 1 tsp of dry whole caraway seeds.
Dough weighed 1322 g at time of shaping and putting in banneton.
1. Bread spice formula (courtesy of Hanseata): 2 parts (by volume) whole coriander, 1 part whole caraway, and 1 part whole fennel. Toasted in a dry frying pan until fragrant, then cooled, then ground.