Amarillo – We’re finishing up Chef Bud’s Brie and Bacon Melt! Here’s the recipe.
6 slices compart thick cut bacon
1 tbsp butter, at room temperature
4 slices farmhouse bread or sourdough bread
2 tbsp raspberry jam or Smuckers Simply Fruit
5 oz brie cheese, sliced
1. In a saute pan over medium-high heat, cook thick bacon until crispy and done.
2. Remove from the pan and set on a paper towel. Set aside
3. Butter one side of all the sliced bread and lay them butter side down. Spread the jam over one of the unbuttered sides of bread, then top with the brie and bacon.
4. Close the sandwich with the other slice of bread, with the buttered side facing out.
5. Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat, and lay the sandwich in the pan. Press down with a spatula and cook for 3 minutes, then flip the sandwich over and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown on the outside and the brie is melted.
Summertime means fresh tomatoes! Serve this unique bacon melt with fresh sliced tomatoes! Get all the flavors of a BLT with this incredible combination! It’s a perfect dish for the summer! Enjoy it at your table!