Back to the Table with Chef Bud: Grilled Shrimp with Watermelon Salsa
- 16 ea 16/20 P&D Shrimp
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp McCormick coarse black pepper
- 1 Tblspn Roasted Garlic Red Pepper Amarillo Grape and Olive
- 4 Cups ripe seedless watermelon, cut into small squares
- 1 C diced red onion, (about a half a medium red onion)
- 2/3 C fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ C fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 3 C fresh greens
- ¼ C Natural Persian Lime Olive Oil
- ½ Tblspn honey
Preheat your grill to medium high
Toss the shrimp in the Roasted Garlic Red Chile olive oil and season with kosher salt and McCormick Coarse black pepper. Place the shrimp on the grill, about 2-3 minutes a side turning once. Remove
While the shrimp is grilling. Combine the watermelon, red onion, cilantro, mint leaves and jalapeno. Combine well, then add lime juice and zest. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to two days.
Whisk together olive oil and honey.
Place fresh greens on the plate. Top with the lime olive oil and honey mixture.
Place grilled shrimp on the greens, and top with a spoonful of the watermelon salsa.
This is a dish that is full of fresh summer flavors! A great way to end a summers day or for an evening of entertainment! Bring these fresh flavors Back to your Table! Enjoy!