Honey butter icecream toasted Kugelhopf
What can you do with brioche breads? Transform them into amazing desserts.
Last month I shared a bostock (brioche with an orange zest frangipane)
This month I share a dessert my wife remembered enjoying many times in her younger days with her sister in Japan. It’s simple but the process transforms the brioche into something completely different. She had no name for this. If anyone does, let me know.
- generous slices of brioche (especially good with fruit in it – I used my kugelhopf)
- dollop of ice cream (I used Kawartha, which uses real cream and sugar)
- salted butter (I used Emma grassfed butter imported from New Zealand)
- honey (I used real honey packaged by Bee Maid cooperative)
- spread butter generously on one side of brioche
- toast brioche in oven (400f) until browned
- plate the brioche
- scoop ice cream onto the brioche
- drizzle honey across brioche / ice cream
- serve and enjoy with a fork