Reese’s Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats combine your favorite childhood treat with the decadence of Reese’s peanut butter cups. Creamy peanut butter swirled into every bite, plus the addition of Reese’s mini pieces makes these the ultimate treat for chocolate and peanut butter lovers!
Like my famous Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars, these Rice Krispies Treats with peanut butter are a no-bake dessert that friends request again and again.
When it comes right down to it, I don’t think anyone can resist the chewy, marshmallow-y goodness of a Rice Krispie Treat.
Add peanut butter and chocolate to the mix and you have just about the perfect no-bake dessert.
SAVE THIS EASY REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER RICE KRISPIES RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
I didn’t hold back on the peanut butter factor in today’s Reese’s Rice Krispies, friends. Sure, you could just top your pan of traditional Rice Krispies Treats with a few peanut butter cups and call it a day.
But I thought to myself, “You only live once! Carpe Diem!” and bravely took the leap of adding more chocolate and peanut butter to my recipe. Call me a hero, if you must.
My family certainly sacrificed much having to eat Rice Krispie Treat after Rice Krispie Treat stuffed with Reese’s pieces and covered with chocolate. (Not!)
Ingredients to Make Rice Krispie Treats with Reese’s
Here’s everything you need to make the same ultra decadent, peanut buttery, chocolatey, heavenly bars we enjoyed.
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Mini Marshmallows
- Creamy peanut butter
- Reese’s mini pieces
If you can’t find the mini Reese’s pieces, then the large ones will work just as well.
- Chocolate frosting
You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate fudge – whatever makes you happy!
- Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Don’t forget to chop your Reese’s peanut butter cups into large pieces first! You can also swap them out for regular sized Reese’ or a different peanut butter cup brand if you prefer.
- Fold the Reese’s mini pieces in to the marshmallow mixture with half of the Rice Krispie cereal. Once they’re well incorporated, add the rest of the rice cereal.
- If you can’t find Reese’s mini pieces, swap them for regular Reese’s pieces or even peanut butter M&M’s.
One of my favorite things about these treats is that they’re so quick and easy to make. They’ll firm up at room temperature and be ready to cut and eat in no time. No baking or chilling required.
Rice Krispie Treats
Every occasion needs a pan of freshly made Rice Krispie Treats! I have a Rice Krispie Treats recipe for just about every event, every season and every mood!
If you like this chocolate and peanut butter version, you’ll love Butterfinger Rice Krispies Treats just as much. Instead of PB cups, they’re filled with pieces of Butterfingers candy bars! Amazing? Yes, amazing.
When you’re (somehow) not in the mood for a peanut butter dessert, give these other delicious Rice Krispies Treat ideas a try.
- Lemon Meringue Rice Krispie Treats
- Circus Animal Cookie Rice Krispie Treats
- Oreo Peppermint Rice Krispies Treats
- S’Mores Rice Krispie Treats
- Cake Batter Krispie Bars
- No-Bake Rice Krispies Granola Bars
No Bake Desserts
It still counts as “baking” if you don’t turn on your oven–I promise! No Bake recipes are a lifesaver on hot summer days, when your oven is out of commission or anytime you need to whip up an easy dessert.
Easy No Bake Oreo Pie is a recipe everyone needs in their repertoire. You can’t go wrong with cookies ‘n’ cream and super simple ingredients.
These No Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies are another spin on the peanut butter and cereal dessert concept. I love that they don’t require any corn syrup!
More No Bake Recipes to try:
- No Bake Raspberry Cream Dream Bars
- No Bake Nutella Snickers Pie
- No-Bake Creamy Peanut Butter Pie
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- No Bake Peanut Butter S’Mores Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Dream Bars
- No-Bake Chocolate Bourbon Balls
In the first years of my blog, I rated everything I made on a scale of 1 -4 with 4 being the best. These Reese’s Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats earned 4 rolling pins!
Just look at them! Then taste them. How could they not earn the best of the best score? Seriously, you need these in your life.
SIGN UP FOR THE WEEKLY
365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
WEEKLY NEWSLETTER BELOW!
365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP
TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS,
SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
Chocolate meets peanut butter meets Rice Krispies in this deliciously easy recipe. Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats are covered with chocolate frosting and Reese’s cups for an unforgettably indulgent dessert.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 ounces package mini marshmallows
- 10 ounces package Reese’s Mini Pieces Regular Reese’s Pieces work as well, too if you cannot find the minis. Set 2 tablespoons aside for topping.
- 16 ounces milk chocolate frosting
- 20 miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups coarsely chopped
Prepare a 9 X 13 – inch baking dish by greasing it with butter.
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat, and add marshmallows. Stir until melted.
Mix in the peanut butter until thoroughly combined.
Add half of the Rice Krispies and the Reese’s Mini Pieces and mix.
Stir in the remaining Rice Krispies.
Pour into the prepared baking dish and lightly flatten to spread to corners. Allow to cool at least 15 minutes before spreading with the frosting.
Sprinkle with chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and remaining Reese’s Pieces before cutting to serve.
This post was originally written on 3/15/17 and has been updated in format and with pictures on 10/12/21.