This southwestern pasta salad is ideal for making the night before. Pack in lunchboxes with a few healthy sides for a nutritious and filling lunch!
|Compared to lean meats, the protein found in black beans contain little to zero saturated fat and cholesterol.
Katie is the Official Registered Dietitian of Produce for Kids, mom of three and author of MomtoMomNutrition.com
- 1 (12 oz.) box whole wheat mini shells
- 1 (15 oz.) can reduced-sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can no-salt-added corn, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 6 mini sweet peppers, diced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup yogurt Ranch dressing
- 1 ounce blue tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons Wholly Guacamole® mini
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon granola
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and let cool.
Mix pasta, beans, corn, tomatoes, peppers, onion, cheese and Ranch in large bowl.
Add tortilla chips, guacamole and yogurt topped with bananas and granola to lunchbox.
Calories 404 Fat 5.85g Protein 17.29g Carbohydrates 74.15g Fiber 13.48g Sugar 6.71g Sodium 76mg Calcium 125mg Iron 1.82mg